Interstate RSA Holders
Have you completed an RSA course Interstate (Not NSW)?
If you have completed an RSA in another state and have moved to NSW you may be eligible to complete the Liquor & Gaming NSW Bridging course if you are seeking to obtain an RSA endorsement on a Photo Competency Card.
Please note you will still have to pay the ‘Photo Competency Card’ fee once you have completed the Bridging course.
To qualify to be able to complete the Bridging course you must satisfy one of the below conditions and provide documentation
For the purposes of this condition, ‘eligible RSA certification’ means;
• from VIC: an RSA certificate or RSA refresher certificate issued within 3 years prior to the current
• from ACT: a national RSA Statement of Attainment, a Unique Student Identifier (USI) transcript or
RSA refresher certificate issued within 3 years prior to the current date; or
• any other Australian state or territory: a national RSA Statement of Attainment or USI transcript
issued 5 years prior to the current date.
What you’ll need
- Personal details – name (matching your ID documents exactly), address, contact details
- One of the following:
- your original RSA certificate from VIC or ACT issued within the last 3 years, OR
- your original RSA refresher certificate from VIC or ACT issued within the last 3 years, OR
- your original National RSA statement of Attainment from any other Australian State or Territory issued within the last 5 years
How to apply
- Enter personal details exactly as it appears on your identity documents
- Complete the online NSW RSA Bridging course
- Pay the competency card fee online by credit card
- Get your NSW Bridging Course Completion Certificate
- Gather your original interstate RSA certificate, NSW Bridging Course Completion Certificate and your identity documents
- Visit a participating Service NSW centre to verify your RSA certificate, undertake proof of identity check, have your photo taken and submit your application.
- you will require 100 points of ID documents – see the back of the NSW Bridging Course Completion Certificate for acceptable document types
- your personal details on your Bridging Course Completion certificate must match your ID – any discrepancies can be fixed at Service NSW
- After successful verification and ID check, you will be emailed a NSW RSA Bridging Interim Certificate which will allow you to serve, sell or supply alcohol at licensed premises in NSW. You will also be able to undertake Licensee Training and/or Advanced Licensee Training
- After your Interim Certificate has been issued, you will immediately be able to download your digital competency card to the Service NSW app on your smartphone
- Your photo competency card will be mailed to you within 4 weeks of submitting your application
Please visit Liquor & Gaming NSW for more information.